Caring for your electric blanket is an important step in ensuring that it lasts a long time and provides you with years of warm, comfortable nights. There are a few things that you should keep in mind when caring for your electric blanket, including regular cleaning, ensuring that the bedding isn’t too heavy or dense on top of the blanket, and avoiding exposing it to excess moisture or heat.
How to Wash Heated Blanket
- Start by unplugging your electric blanket and carefully removing it from the bed. As you remove it, check to make sure that there are no areas with exposed wires or other signs of damage.
- Once your blanket has been removed from the bed, proceed with washing it according to the manufacturer’s instructions. This may involve using a mild detergent and cool water on the delicate cycle of your washing machine.
- After washing, make sure to dry your electric blanket thoroughly. Again, the best way to do this is by following the manufacturer’s instructions. Most blankets can be tumble dried on low heat, but some may need to be air dried.
- Once your blanket is dry, carefully inspect it for any signs of damage. If you notice any areas of concern, contact the manufacturer to see if they can provide a repair or replacement.
- Finally, re-install your electric blanket on the bed and plug it in. Make sure that the bedding isn’t too heavy or dense on top of the blanket, as this can cause it to overheat.
How Often Should I Clean My Heated Blanket
The frequency with which you should clean your heated blanket will depend on a number of factors, including how often you use it and the type of bedding that is placed on top of it. In general, most people recommend cleaning your electric blanket at least once per year. Additionally, if you notice any signs of wear or damage to your blanket, it’s important to clean it as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
If you want to maintain your heated blanket in top condition and ensure that it lasts for many years, it is important to take good care of it. Some tips to keep in mind include regularly cleaning your electric blanket, avoiding putting too much weight or density on top of it, and being careful not to expose it to excessive moisture or heat.
Can You Wash an Electric Blanket in the Washing Machine
Yes, you can wash an electric blanket in the washing machine. However, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully to avoid damaging the blanket. In general, most electric blankets can be washed on the delicate cycle with a mild detergent and cool water. After washing, make sure to dry your blanket thoroughly.
Can You Iron Electric Blanket
No, you should not iron an electric blanket. The heat generated by an iron can cause damage to the electrical wiring and wires inside the blanket, which can pose a safety risk. If your electric blanket needs to be smoothed out or re-shaped after washing, you can use a steam iron with low heat on a cotton setting. However, make sure not to iron over any exposed wires or areas of damage.
Storing an Electric Blanket
When not in use, it is important to store your electric blanket properly to prevent damage and ensure that it stays clean and functional. One option is to store your blanket in a dry, cool place where it won’t be exposed to moisture or heat. You can also cover your electric blanket with an appropriate cover or protective layer to help keep it clean and protected.
Don’t fold your electric blanket when storing it, as this can damage the wires inside. Instead, roll it up loosely or store it flat. Additionally, make sure to unplug your electric blanket and disconnect any cords before storing it away.