A smart home is a dwelling equipped with technology that allows the occupants to remotely control and automate features of the home, such as lighting, heating, security systems, and appliances.
While most of us are still getting used to the idea of having a smartphone, many homes are now being built with smart technology as the standard. In fact, according to a recent report from Allied Market Research, the global smart home market is expected to reach $53.45 billion by 2022.
So, what exactly is a smart home? And what can you do with one? Read on as we explore the world of the connected home and some of the most popular devices available.
What can you do with a smart home?
The possibilities are endless when it comes to automating your home. Here are just a few things you can do:
• Control your lighting: With smart lighting, you can control the brightness, color, and even the schedule of your lights from your smartphone or tablet. You can also set them to turn on and off automatically, or even sync them with the sunrise and sunset.
• Adjust your thermostat: A smart thermostat can save you money on your energy bill by automatically adjusting the temperature when you’re not home, or when you’re sleeping. You can also control it from your phone, so you can come home to a comfortable house without having to waste energy heating or cooling an empty home.
• Set up a security system: A smart security system can do more than just sound an alarm when someone breaks in. Many systems now come with cameras that you can view from your phone, as well as sensors that can detect when a window or door is opened. You can also set up a gate security system that you can control from your smartphone too. Cellular access systems and gate access control systems are now smart systems are and are far easier to control than they used to be.
• Monitor your energy usage: A smart meter can help you keep track of your energy usage and see where you can save money. Some smart meters can even send you alerts if your energy usage spikes, so you can investigate and take action to lower your bill.
• Control your appliances: With a smart home, you can control your appliances from your phone or tablet. For example, you can turn on the coffee maker before you get out of bed, or start the dishwasher before you leave for work. You can also set up rules so that your appliances work together, such as having the washing machine start when the dryer is done.
What do you need to get started?
If you’re thinking about turning your home into a smart home, there are a few things you’ll need to get started.
• A smartphone or tablet: You’ll need a device that you can use to control your smart devices and appliances. Many manufacturers offer apps that you can use to control their products, so you’ll want to make sure that your phone or tablet is compatible with the devices you’re interested in.
• A wireless router: In order to connect your devices to the internet, you’ll need a wireless router. If you don’t have one already, you can usually get one from your internet service provider.
• Smart devices: Of course, you’ll need some smart devices to get started. There are a wide variety of devices available, so you’ll want to take some time to figure out which ones are right for you. We’ll go over some of the most popular options below.
how to set up a smart home.
A smart home is a house equipped with technology that allows you to control, automate, and monitor your home from a remote location.
You can use a smart home to do things like turn on the lights, adjust,, you you’’rere probably probably wondering wondering which which devices devices are are the the most most popular popular.. Here Here are are a a few few of of the the most most popular popular smart smart devices devices::